Welcome to users of Home Computer Help Ltd (“our service”). Our service is provided by us, Home Computer Help Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting this website and by entering into any agreement for supply of products and services with us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Home Computer Help Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 0957 0545, whose registered office is at Unit 23 Loveridge Trading Estate, Southbrook Road, Southampton, Hampshire, England, SO15 1GQ.
In this policy we describe what information we collect and what uses we put it to.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When users initially sign up to our services, we ask them to provide a company name, a contact name, phone number, email address, correspondence address, and information regarding you IT infrastructure such as passwords, software license for their computers.
We collect personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our service including initial consultation, and any contact made by users in relation to any comments, questions or complaints they have.
How we Use the Information we Collect
Upon agreement of a IT support contract, the information submitted will be used by us to allow the user to use our service.
Additionally, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- to help us identify users and any accounts held with us;
- statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing user’s purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this service and its content to user’s particular preferences;
- notifying users of any changes to our services that may affect them;
- investigating any complaints that another person has been defamed, or another person’s rights have been infringed, by any submission you make to the service;
- and improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by SMS or email about products we think may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. For more details see 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data as follows:
- our agents and service providers who assist us in providing the service; and
- If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure UK based servers of our hosting partners.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. It remains your responsibility to:
- Ensure nobody else will use our service while you are logged into your account (we advise our users to take extra care when using public computers/devices and to NOT leave themselves logged in; it is your responsibility to ensure this does not happen);
- Log out and exit your account on the service when you are not using it, on any private and/or public computer or device; and
- Keep your password details or access details secret and to yourself.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
The Legal Basis on which we Process your Information
On some occasions, we may process personal information with consent (for example, when you submit information through the site or agree to receive email updates about the service). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the email address below.
We may also process personal information when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you or where we are required to do this by law.
We also process your personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when we consider these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Those legitimate interests include using your information for the purposes of operating and improving the Home Computer Help Ltd service, which we aim to do in a way that works to your benefit and those of other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the apps of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are in the European Union, data protection legislation gives you the following rights:
- to access information held about you;
- to require rectification or erasure of your information; and
- to object to our use of your data to carry out automated profiling in respect of you.
These rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints to the ICO
If you make a complaint to us and think we have not dealt with it to your satisfaction, you may send your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at www.ico.org.uk.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.